Me

Me
At the computer

Friday, June 4, 2010

Blogging Newbie Tests the Water...Fabric!

Hello, I am a quilter. Over the years, I have tried all manner of quilting projects which I hand-quilted then home machine quilted and finally moved into the exciting world of long arm quilting. Now I am beginning to move from traditional quilts to art quilts though the traditional will never be left behind during this move from large to small quilts. Now all those wonderful things one dabbles in like fabric dyeing, batiking, multi-media...will actually become integral parts of the quilt construction. This is really jumping out of my comfort zone into a new creative endeavor and with this leap of faith, I am starting this blog. Right now, I have been making sketches because we (my husband and I and our dog, Darby) are visting family in Missouri. My studio is lonely, waiting for my return in West Texas. Hopefully, I will have many sketches to take home for some interesting new quilts or at least ideas to jump start the creative process. Anyway, I hope you will bear with my novice attempts at a blog.

2 comments:

  1. You did it! Can't wait to read about your quilting adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right where I want to be. I am learning to free motion on my domestic sewing machine and reading about Long arm machines. Tell me about your leap to long arm. If you are interested, my blog is campnana.blogspot.com but be warned. I'm not a very good blogger.

    ReplyDelete